2016 has been a funny year, filled with ups and downs – mainly ups might I add. It also was the year I started to try and get to grips with Instagram. Anyway, I saw a hashtag for #2016bestnine i.e. pictures of your top 9 things of the year.
As it does tie in so well with this blog I thought I would share here too. The pictures aren’t in any kind of order.
2016 Top 9:
- River Cottage Experience – a full day experience at one of our favourite places, cooking bread, pasta, biscuits, learning about the gardens and getting to eat a wonderful meal. A bucket list item ticked off!
- Iceland – waterfalls – Iceland in general was amazing with its crazy landscape and even crazier weather. My favourite thing about the country was the amazing waterfalls! Even if I did end up with a wet shoe!
- Scotland – technology detox – I didn’t post about our time in Scotland (not yet anyway) as most of the time we spent without access to signal or wifi and just enjoyed each others company! Highly recommend!
- Scotland – walks and learning to love the countryside – Our year of getting back to nature was kicked off with the amazing Scottish Highlands
- Spirit Island – Canada – point’s 5 and 6 are bundled together really in a fantastic road trip to a fantastic part of Canada. Bears, hot springs, lakes and so much more!
- Whistler Mountain – Canada – as above!
- Christmas Selfie with the husband
- West Witterings beach at sunset
- Preserving – another one of my hobbies, helped along by point 1!